PRODUCTS | ROSI
Remotely Operated Suction Irrigation System
A new paradigm for suction and irrigation in robot-assisted surgeries.
The ROSI system gives the robotic surgeon complete control of suction and irrigation capabilities. The surgeon at the console simultaneously manipulates the flexible suction irrigation probe while remotely activating or deactivating suction and irrigation functions. By incorporating a flexible distal tip that can be passed through most 5mm ports, the ROSI system can be dropped-into the surgical field and manipulated with robotic instruments. A foot switch provides the robotic surgeon with complete control to remotely activate and deactivate suction and irrigation. The ROSI system has also become a critical tool for urologists performing single-port (SP) robotic surgery.
The ROSI system, with its flexible 24-inch suction irrigation probe, allows for improved angulation and reach in robotic cases.
Features and Benefits
– Increased surgeon autonomy via direct robotic control of suction and irrigation
– Can be controlled by console surgeon or assistant
– Fits through most 5mm ports and Gel Point access platform
– Slim, flexible profile allows ROSI to be dropped into and remain within the surgical field
– Flexible design, longer probe working length equals more access in surgical field
– Eliminates disposal of powered/battery components, potentially reducing waste
– Potentially decreases OR costs
– Constant pressure irrigation powered by hospital’s compressed nitrogen
– Also compatible with manual infusor cuff for pressurized irrigation
ROSI Tips and Tricks in Robotic Thoracic Surgery
Cameron Stock, M.D.
Introduction to ROSI in SP Surgery
Michael Stifelman, M.D.
Ronney Abaza, M.D.
Demonstration of ROSI in Robotic Assisted Thoracic Surgery
Michael Zervos, M.D.
ROSI Tips and Tricks from a Nurse’s Perspective!
Ronney Abaza, M.D.
|ROSI CONTROL UNIT||1||106400|
|ROSI TUBING SET||4||106410|
|POWER SUPPLY: ASSEMBLY AC-DC||1||200796|
|POWER CORD: HOSPITAL US||1||108110-US|
|LATCHING FOOT SWITCH FOR USE WITH 106400||1||201202|
"ROSI gives the surgeon autonomy and minimizes the need for a skilled assistant."
Michael Stifelman, MD
Chair of Urology and Director of Robotic Surgery, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ
"I appreciate the efficiency with which ROSI suctions and evacuates clots. ROSI excels at keeping the surgical field clean, improving my visibility.”
Chief, Thoracic Surgery Service and Director, Robotic Thoracic Surgery, Tisch Hospital/Kimmel Pavilion, New York, NY
“I employ the ROSI device in all of my (robotic) thoracic cases.”
Cameron T. Stock
Thoracic Surgeon, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center, Burlington, MA
Current Section: Suction Products
Putting suction and irrigation control back in the hands of the robotic surgeon.