The ROSI system gives the robotic surgeon complete control of suction and irrigation capabilities. The surgeon at the console simultaneously manipulates the flexible suction irrigation probe while remotely activating or deactivating suction and irrigation functions. By incorporating a flexible distal tip that can be passed through most 5mm ports, the ROSI system can be dropped-into the surgical field and manipulated with robotic instruments. A foot switch provides the robotic surgeon with complete control to remotely activate and deactivate suction and irrigation. And now, with ROSI with Exchangeable Tips (“ROSI xT), control of suction and irrigation can be seamlessly be handed off from the robotic surgeon to the bedside assistant when traditional, rigid suction irrigation is required. The ROSI system has become a critical tool for urologists performing single-port (SP) robotic surgery, and is providing robotic surgeons with increased autonomy, flexibility and access in multiport (MP) robotic procedures.
Features and Benefits
- Increased surgeon autonomy via direct robotic control of suction and irrigation
- Can be controlled by console surgeon or assistant
- Fits through most 5mm ports and Gel Point access platform
- Slim, flexible profile allows ROSI to be dropped into and remain within the surgical field
- Flexible design, longer probe working length equals more access in surgical field
- Traditional, rigid suction irrigation probe can be employed by bedside assistant as needed
- Eliminates disposal of powered/battery components, potentially reducing waste
- Potentially decreases OR costs
- Constant pressure irrigation powered by hospital’s compressed nitrogen
- Also compatible with manual infusor cuff for pressurized irrigation
With ROSI xT, suction and irrigation (S/I) can be achieved with a traditional, rigid S/I cannula controlled by the bedside assistant or seamlessly swapped for a flexible S/I probe controlled by the surgeon at the robotic console.
ROSI Tips and Tricks in Robotic Thoracic Surgery
Cameron Stock, M.D.
Introduction to ROSI in SP Surgery
Michael Stifelman, M.D.
Demonstration of ROSI in Robotic Assisted Thoracic Surgery
Michael Zervos, M.D.
ROSI Tips and Tricks from a Nurse’s Perspective!
Ronney Abaza, M.D.
|Product Name||Box Quantity||Product Number|
|ROSI CONTROL UNIT||1||106400|
|ROSI TUBING SET||4||106410|
|ROSI TUBING SET with EXCHANGEABLE TIPS (ROSI xT)||4||106450|
|POWER SUPPLY: ASSEMBLY AC-DC||1||200796|
|POWER CORD: HOSPITAL US||1||108110-US|
|LATCHING FOOT SWITCH FOR USE WITH 106400||1||201202|
|NON-LATCHING FOOT SWITCH FOR USE WITH 106400||1||200795|